A relaxed and friendly place to chat for the over 60s
- Crookes - Wednesdays 10:30 to 11:30, St Thomas Crookes, Nairn Street, Crookes, S10 1UL (click here for map) firstname.lastname@example.org 0114 2671090
- Adwick Le Street - Mondays 10am to 11am, St Laurence's, Village St, Adwick Le Street, DN6 7AQ (click here for map) email@example.com 01302 723224
- Finningley - Wednesdays 10.30 to 11.30 (during term time), Holy Trinity and St Oswalds Church Finningley, Rectory Ln, Finningley, Doncaster DN9 3DA (click here for map) firstname.lastname@example.org 01302 864362 / 01302 770240
- Rawmarsh - Fridays 10:30 to 12:00, St Mary the Virgin, Rawmarsh, High Street, S62 6LT (click here for map)
- Stannington - Tuesdays 10:30 to 11:30, Hall Park Community Centre, Hall Park Head, S6 5QT (click here for map) email@example.com 07768293406
- Whiston - Second Thursday of the month 10:30 to 11:30, Whiston Parish Hall, Well Lane, Whiston S60 4HX (click here for map) Further information, Anthea on 01709 363604 or Wendy on 01709 519025
- Woodseats - Tuesdays 10.15 to 11.15 except Easter and Christmas, St Chad’s Church, Linden Avenue Woodseats Sheffield S8 0GA (click here for map) 0114 2745086
- Hucknall - Wednesday 5th & 19th July then weekly from 6th Sept 2:00 to 3:30, Watnall Road Baptist Church, Hucknall, NG15 7LD (Click here for map) firstname.lastname@example.org 0115 8400225.
setting up natter
natter is growing and developing around the Diocese of Sheffield and beyond. natter is a simple, effective, lightweight and low maintenance way of reducing isolation among the over 60s and giving opportunity to connect to Christian faith. To start a natter group you need a team of 3 or 4 people, the backing of your church leadership and a chat with our natter advisor. If you feel that you would like to explore setting up a natter group at your church please read the 'About natter' section below and then email John at email@example.com
natter began as an initiative of STC Sheffield (St Thomas Crookes) in March 2010. natter aims to reduce isolation among the over 60s by creating a welcoming community where people can make new friends. natter is open to anyone of all faiths or none and the natter meeting has no religious elements to it. natter does give people the opportunity to discover or rediscover the Christian faith through optional extras such as natter+ and natter with God. Since October 2014 the natter project has been rolling out natter around the diocese of Sheffield supported by the Diocesan Grants Committee and the Sheffield Church Burgesses Trust.